Sunday, March 8, 2009

Draper Temple

About a month ago i got to go to the Draper Temple Open house. What an awesome thing! I remember when i was like 8 the Bountiful temple had an open house and my family went. I don't remember a alot of details or anything. So i wasn't sure what to expect when i went this time. 


I went with the young women in my ward. I drove with my friend Celia and her hubby Scott. I sure love them. They give me advice on my "dating" and assure me things will be ok when i do something stupid. Scott had a hard time finding the correct parking lot. We finally found it. We went in and sat down in the gym. I was a little nervous/excited for what i was about to see. We waited for about 30 minutes. Then we went and watched the video of the temple and its purpose. Awesome video!

We then got on the bus to go up to the temple. We just chit chatted and then listened to a nice man tell us some facts about the temple. We couldn't really hear him, i was bummed about that. We drove up and the temple was getting closer and closer and i was getting so excited!

We got to the temple got off the bus and walked through the tents and then BAM we were in the temple. Right when i walked in the door i had this feeling of peace and comfort come over me. I knew that this was holy place. As we walked through the different rooms my friend Scott kind of explained what happened in each. (Our group didn't have any instruction or explanation of anything) We got to the room where the brides get dressed/ ready and it was very pretty. As we went through i looked at all the artwork and it was beautiful. 

We were at our last room....the sealing room. I walked into this room and the feelings that went through me were so amazing. I felt peace, calm, warmth. It was beautiful. My friend Celia then pulled my arm and said Ash, you need to come see this. She took me by the alter where you can see the mirrors. This was amazing. I heard people talk about this before but actually seeing it myself was amazing. I started crying. I realized how blessed i am to be apart of a family that is sealed and is together forever! 

Seeing those mirrors also made me remember that if i have the chance to be married i want to do it in the temple. There is no other place i want to be married. I need to keep myself worthy to go there. I hope i have the opportunity to marry a worthy mate in the temple someday. It is something i want very much. 

My testimony was up lifted by going to the temple. I am grateful for friends who explain the things to me. There are scared things they couldn't tell me and i'm ok with that. I am also grateful for a grandpa who was able to explain somethings to me. 

I am excited for the dedication in a few weeks. It will be awesome.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Wasn't it just SO beautiful? It was such a good thing for me too.