Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Wow


So i really suck at blogging. I haven't blogged in over 2 months. I haven't wanted to. My life is pretty much boring. I did do some fun things since the last time i blogged. I'll share with ya. Lets see where oh where to start? Lets start with Thanksgiving. 

This year we went with alot of my Mom's family to California to see my aunt and her family. The main reason was to go hear my cousins homecoming talk. The trip was way way fun. We drove. I'm not a big fan of long trips but this wasn't to bad. We left Wednesday night and stayed at Whiskey Pete's in Primm Nevada. Then we got up finished driving the rest of the way on Thursday. 

The dinner was amazing. My aunt and her family had cooked everything and so when we go there we just headed to the church and ate. We were joined by the missionaries from her branch and the ward mission leader.  That night was way fun. We finished eating and cleaned up and then just hung out at the church for a bit. I dont know if we had all had to much turkey or bubbly, but the laughing wouldn't stop that night. We laughed so hard that my grandma who has narcalepsie ended falling down. Don't worry we made sure she was ok. She was so then i snapped a few photos.
Friday we went back to the church and did a craft. We modge podged wood leters. Some people did JOY some did NOEL. It was super fun. I have crafty family! They all turned out so cute and so different. Then we went to my aunts house and watched Fred Clause. I thought it was kind of dumb. 

Saturday we all went to Trader Joe's (a yummy shopping place) and spent about an hour there. After that our very large group split up. Most the group went to some place kind of like Bondocks and some of us went shopping. I got some killer deals. I got a way cute sweater for 10 bucks from Sears and another shirt/jacket thing for 10. A new pair of shoes for 20. If you know me you know my Jewelry fetish! I went to Icing by Claires....BIG mistake. I got 2 new necklaces, bracelets and earrings. I dont have my ears pierced and they had the best clip ons so i bought like 6 pair. We then met up with everyone and went to dinner at this amazing mexican food place...so tasty!! Then we went and saw Bolt. If you haven't seen this, go see it. It is so cute. 

Sunday we got up and it was super foggy! Scary. We drove to church and all was well. My family did a musical number in the program and it was very nice. The missionaries spoke and then David. It was an ok meting. David didn't talk to much about his mission, which was crappy. The spirit was there though.

Sunday we left and came home. We got home Monday and that was the end of the trip. I had lots of fun and im grateful for the memories made. Here are some of my favorite pictures from the trip.











Although life is going pretty well. I have been feeling a little bit lonely lately. It has never really bothered me that i am singe until recently. Things with "operation Tom" will not be working out. I have been talking to a guy that lives in St. George. He is a friends cousin. I kind of liked this guy but things have come to light that made me realize i want nothing to do with him. I think i knew this a while ago but really enjoyed talking to someone and having some ones attention. I know i'm not old old but all my friends are either married or getting married i feel old. The thought of marriage keeps popping in my head. Will ever get married? Will i ever find that "special someone"? My brother wrote me and wanted to know how the dating scene was and i told him not so well. He wrote me back and he put this quote in my letter, Nephi said i will go and do not sit and stew. Haha how great is that? So now i just wish i could find someone to go on a date with. I sick of feeling lonely and being the odd one out at things because im not married and don't have a date. So if you know of anyone i could go on a date with, someone who is ok with a larger person i.e. myself. Hook a sister up...PLEASE?! There is a song on the radio by Nickelback that i have fallen in love with. I love this song. The words are amazing. 

Gotta Be Somebody- Nickelback 

This time I wonder what it feels like 
To find the one in this life 
The one we all dream of 
But dreams just aren't enough 
So I´ll be waiting for the real thing. 
I'll know it by the feeling. 
The moment when we´re meeting 
Will play out like a scene straight off the silver screen 
So I`ll be holdin’ my breath 
Right up to the end 
Until that moment when 
I find the one that I'll spend forever with 

`Cause nobody wants to be the last one there. 
'Cause everyone wants to feel like someone cares. 
Someone to love with my life in their hands. 
There`s gotta be somebody for me like that. 

`Cause nobody wants to go it on their own 
And everyone wants to know they´re not alone. 
Somebody else that feels the same somewhere. 
There`s gotta be somebody for me out there. 

Tonight out on the street out in the moonlight 
And damn it this feels too right 
It´s just like Déjà Vu 
Me standin’ here with you 
So I´ll be holdin`my breath 
Could this be the end? 
Is it that moment when 
I find the one that I'll spend forever with? 

‘Cause nobody wants to be the last one there 
'Cause everyone wants to feel like someone cares. 
Someone to love with my life in their hands. 
There´s gotta be somebody for me like that. 

`Cause nobody wants to go it on their own 
And everyone wants to know they´re not alone. 
Somebody else that feels the same somewhere? 
There`s gotta be somebody for me out there. 

You can´t give up! 
When you're Lookin´ for a diamond in the rough 
Because you never know when it shows up 
Make sure you´re holdin` on 
‘Cause it could be the one, the one you´re waiting on 

‘Cause nobody wants to be the last one there. 
And everyone wants to feel like someone cares. 
Someone to love with my life in their hands. 
There's gotta be somebody for me 
Ohhhhhh. 


Nobody wants to go it on their own 
And everyone wants to know they´re not alone. 
Somebody else that feels the same somewhere? 
There `s gotta be somebody for me out there. 

Nobody wants to be the last one there 
And everyone wants to feel like someone cares. 
Somebody else that feels the same somewhere? 
There's gotta be somebody for me out there. 

Christmas.

Christmas came and went. What an amazing feeling you get around the holidays. I wasn't really feeling that this year until i served some people. I love to give, i love to see the looks on peoples faces when you give them something. Its amazing! For christmas i got the circut expression. Well they were on back order so my clever mom got me real crickets...so that i would have something to open christmas morning. Talk about a shocker. Holy mother i screamed and said wha the hell? It freaked me out. Im so excited to actually get my machine and start using it! The highlight of the day was talking to the Elder. I had been counting down the days for like a month. He sounds so amazing. I love him and im so proud of him. It was so good to hear his voice and know that he is still there. He has done so well out there. He has had 5 baptisms in the time he has been gone. They have 10 people investagating the church right now. 1 has committed to baptism. He had a crappy companion but luckily that kid got transfered the week before christmas. Our home has seen the blessings of a mission and im so grateful to dallin for that! I hope that everyone had an enjoyable christmas. I hope that it was filled with the magic of wonderment of the season. Happy New Year!!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I miss you Ash. The holidays sounded like a blast. Love me the Trader Joe's, why can't we have one here? Also, keep praying and hoping...I am praying right along side you that you will be able to find someone WORTHY of you. Sorry to hear that Operation Tom fell through...sucks. Love you...