Sunday, March 8, 2009

Cold Stone Love


This is a tale of Ice Cream, texting, meeting, talking and then nothing. You should be excited.

So i have an account on ldsmingle.com yes it is an LDS dating service online. I hadn't checked said account for oh about a month. Late one January evening i got an e-mail saying i had a message and flirt from some guy named geek in the pink. So i went to my account and checked it out. This guy was cute and seemed nice. So i sent a flirt and message back. Well with an hour i had another message from him. So of course i messaged him back. This went on until Sunday evening when he gave me his phone number. He said my phone number is blah blah blah feel free to text me if you want. 

Guess what? I did it, i texted him, that night! We texted back and forth from like 6:30 to like 11:00, keep in mind my bedtime is like 10:15 because i go to work at the butt crack of dawn. He was so nice, so nice. So Monday comes and he texted me. He said hi hope you have a good day. So we kept talking that day. Well he wanted to hang out that night but i had hair cut, you all know about my hair cutting fetish. I had to go! So i said i'm sorry i have had this appointment for like 2 weeks, maybe another night? He said for sure. 

We keep talking and texting. So here comes the Cold Stone part. He owns/manages the Cold Stone in Draper. My mom went and got ice cream just to check him out for me. How nice is that? Looking out for me! So that same night i had gone to dinner with a friend. She convinced me to go see him, meet him face to face. We drove there, sat in the car for like 45 minutes spying on him. Keep in mind durning that 45 minutes i was texting him. So i finally got up the courage to go in! AHH!  I was so flipping nervous. We waited in line(they were busy) finally got to the front and i said hi how are you? Yadda yadda yadda. We talked for maybe a minute then i was like well i'll go you are super busy. I didn't even order anything. Haha, looking back i now feel stupid. Oh well. 

Next night (saturday) i was at a movie with a friend. He had been talking to me that day but hadn't mentioned the previous night. While i was in the movie he text me and said, you know you should have hung around last night. It would have been fun to talk. So i got all excited and i was like ya! okay it was alright that i went and saw him. 

Things were great for the next 2 days. Then he didn't text or anything for 2 days. I had said hello and got no response. I was sad. He finally then texted me and said im sorry i have been sick and not wanted to talk. I was like ok understandable. We talked the next day, things were fine for about 3 days. 

Here comes the dumb part! My ward was going to the Draper temple open house. We had lots of extra tickets. I had been texting him and texting my friend Lindsey. I meant to text Lindsey and ask her if she thought it would be lame and creepy if i invited him to go with us. I texted it to him. I felt so dumb and lame. I apologized and said sorry for the awkwardness.  He didn't text me the rest of the night. In fact i have not heard from him since. Nothing. He hasn't answered a text, an e-mail and he deleted his facebook account. 

What the crap am i doing wrong here folks? Really? I know that i am not the prettiest flower in the bunch. I know i can be grumpy and crazy. But, really what am i doing wrong? He didn't even say he didn't want to talk to me anymore, he just doesn't say anything to me period. 

This might sound lame and cheesy but i kind of started to like him. Something felt right and good when i talked to him. I am kind of over it now. I just wish i know what i did wrong so i can fix it. 

I helped at a friends wedding this weekend. It was fun. I'm not going to lie. I was jealous. Every part of me was jealous. Wishing, hoping that someday i will get to marry someone special. Somebody who loves me for me, someone i can have an eternal family with. Darn ice cream man, i was hoping he could have been it. 


3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I don't know what to tell you babe. Maybe he just needs some time? The whole love things is strange. But think of it this way, through these experiances with these different guys you are able to see what you like and don't like, and what you ultimately want. Unfortunately you have to go through a few to find these things out. So when it does come, you'll know, and you'll know exactly what you want. It'll come! Hang in there.

Unknown said...

Ash, this just sucks. Period. I wish I knew what to say, other than guys are just stupid.

I love you, it was so great to see you at the wedding.

pandaswat.sarah said...

I love you to death, my Ashlee. Sorry boys are so dumb. We both know how completely dumb they are. Everyone we know agrees that men are stupid, even the married women in our lives. So why do we want one so bad? It's a little strange to me that we spend all this time getting pretty, flirting, dating, making ourselves available, putting our vibes out...and for what? To marry a man, who will inevitably and consistantly do stupid things. It's silly. Ridiculous, really.

Yet, I want one, too. *sigh*