Saturday, October 4, 2008

Lesson help

Okay, i need some help. It is my turn to teach in Young Women's in a couple of weeks. the lesson is on marriage standards. If you could share your story of how you met your spouse and share how you prepared yourself to get married and go through the temple i would appreciate it. For some reason i am just struggling preparing for this lesson. I am dork and like making handouts for my lessons. If you have any ideas for a handout, they would be appreciated. The manual gives some handout ideas but they are kind of lame. Thanks in advance for your help. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which class do you teach? I am the Lauel Advisor and I LOVE IT!
Well...I just remember how I made a decision when I got into High School that I wouldn't date just one guy and another goal of mine was that I wanted to marry a returned missionary. The summer after my Soph. year I met my sweetie where we both worked, Fore Lakes. Well we got to know each other and come to find out he had just decided that he was going on a mission!!! I knew right then that he was the one. He left on his mission and I still dated other guys. Seminary was so important in my life and I think that is what helped me in my choice to set my standards high. I have been so blessed for those decisions. So it's important to set goals early, set standards high and start praying NOW to find the right one and Don't date just one guy in high school and go to seminary!!!
You can try mormonshare.com,
christysclipart.com, theideadoor.com. I hope these will help you find an idea for a handout.
Love ya and good luck!

Driffill-Batt-Stringfellow's said...

Ashface,
I am not blogtelligent yet so don't set to private without including me! love ya. keep postin so I can see how the fam's doing from time to time.

Ellie

Janelle said...

I tagged you! Click here for details. And get to bloggin, girl!

Unknown said...

Dood I am probably too late. Flav and I met at the American Express. I turned him down a few times because he wanted to go out after work...we got off at 10 p.m....and I had to keep my curfew...so that is a big standard keeper. Love you...can't wait to hear how your lesson went.